EdCamp By Operation Grow 2020
Time & Location
About the event
EdCamp by Operation Grow is partnering with the West Orange, NJ Public School District’s Diversity, Equity, and Access Committee to facilitate this EdCamp outdoor event focused on Culturally Responsive Education. Because of the mission of both groups in this partnership, participants can expect the conversations to lean more toward Diversity, Equity, Social Justice, and Historical topics.
EdCamps are un-conferenced and free to all Educators. All participants are encouraged to share and speak. We hope that participants will leave from this event enriched with strategies that enhance instruction and personal development. Participants will receive Professional Development credit for full attendance at the conclusion of the event.
- 10:00 am Check-in, meet and greet, light breakfast
- 10:30 am Introduction: Outline of Amistad Legislation in New Jersey
- 11:00 am Session 1: (45 minutes) Groups based on interests
- 11:45 am Lunch break
- 12:30 pm Session 2: (45 minutes) Groups based on interests
- 1:15 pm Session 3: (45 minutes) Groups based on interests
- 2:00 pm Group photo, prizes and swag, wrap up, survey link for certificate and professional Development credit for attendance, goodbyes
Attendees can also apply to Loyola University to earn CEUs for a fee. https://www.loyola.edu/school-education/academics/continuing-education/micro-credentials/ceus